Type HPTD & VTS thermodynamic steam traps
● Stainless steel hardened floating disc, ground and lapped with seat replaceable in line.
● Gaskets are spiral wound, stainless steel with graphite. Trim is stainless steel
● Valve seats CoCr alloy hardfaced: Most Velan valve seats are CoCr alloy hardfaced to increase their resistance to the high degree of wear through velocity of flow, dirt and scale.
● Integral strainer: Stainless steel screens are integral in all three models to protect the trap operating mechanism from damage by dirt or scale. No extra fittings or installation costs are required. Free strainer area minimum 5 to 1. Perforation is 0.031” (0.8 mm).
● Silent operation – no violent line shocks.
● Positive closing: Every Velan trap closes tightly on saturated steam temperature. Positive closing for long periods on dry superheated steam lines has enormous advantages in power plant and marine service.
● All-position installation simplifies piping layout.
● Freezeproof installation: Velan traps do not require a reservoir of priming water in the body to operate when installed vertically with inlet on top, they drain completely when cold, and are therefore freezeproof without insulation.
● Positive condensate drainage for process work.
● Options for HPTD include: NPT blowdown plug or blowdown valve and Piping King Unit.
Size range(s): NPS 3/8 – 1 (DN 10 – 25)
Pressure rating: ASME class 600/900 PMO up to 1000 psi
Standard connections: Socket weld, Threaded, Butt weld, Flanged