Type N forged HP/HT steam traps
● The only positive closing steam trap on superheated steam. The bimetallic element is a function of the saturated steam curve and its sensitivity to the temperature change assures an immediate reaction to both steam and condensate for the entire pressure range. At saturated temperature the valve is closed. Superheated steam increases the thermal pull of the bimetallic element, closing the valve even tighter.
● Easy access to all the internal operating parts when the body cover is removed.
● Forged valve body and cover offer the advantages of high strength, structural integrity and reliability that make it an ideal choicefor steam service.
● Gaskets are spiral wound, stainless steel with graphite.
● Trim is stainless steel with ball 58 Rc min.
● Welded-in seats are CoCr alloy hardfaced to increase their resistance to high pressure/temperature applications and wear through velocityof flow, dirt and scale. N150/300 has screwed seat.
● Freeze-proof in vertical position – inlet on top without insulation – complete drainage when cold.
● Positive condensate drainage.
● Integral strainer: Stainless steel screens are integral to protect the trap operating mechanism from damage by dirt or scale. No extra fittings or installation costs are required. Free strainer area minimum 5 to 1. Perforation is 0.031” (0.8 mm).
● Universal operation: The individual segments of the bimetallic elementact consecutively, developing forces in close relation to the saturated steam curve. This permits sensitive, efficient trap operation at all pressures from 1 psi to maximum, without orifice change or adjustment. An ideal feature for «complete trap standardization».
● All-position installation simplifies piping layout. Can be installed vertically or horizontally. Both plugs can be replaced with valves. Can be adjusted to suit plant requirements.
● Other options include: NPT blowdown plug, strainer blowdown valve and Piping King Unit with all valving.
Size range(s): NPS 1/2 – 1 (DN 15 – 25)
Pressure rating: ASME class up to 4500 PMO up to 4500 psi
Standard connections: Socket weld, Threaded, Butt weld, Flanged